Detox your mind and body. Re-mineralize your skin. Energize your spirit. Find your balance.
Imagine having a sauna experience like no other. You walk into a beautiful room that makes you immediately relax. The soft glow of the Himalayan salt walls combined with the natural earth element of the hardwood floors and accent walls instantly slows your mind and makes you forget about the busy world out there. The 45 degree room temperature is perfect and the dry heat makes it incredibly comforting and easy to breathe.
And the best part? The room is all yours. You can be still, do yoga, stretch, move, dance; whatever you want. Gone are the days of sitting in a sweltering public sauna praying that the stranger sitting across from you doesn’t lose their barely-tied towel. Just relax and be free. Let YOUR towel fall off.
What Is a Salt Sauna Anyway?
Himalayan salt combined with radiant infrared heat provides a natural form of therapy that has been in use for centuries. Salt caves have been highly-popular in Eastern Europeans countries for many years. It’s a wonderful way to relax, detoxify, enhance your immunity, and so much more.
Spending time in a salt sauna is so comfortable, warm, and safe, you can almost feel like you’re back in the womb. Really, how often do you have the chance to completely leave the world behind and simply relax? Here’s your opportunity.
Amazing Benefits Await You
There are so many benefits to using a salt sauna, it’s hard to compile and list them all. That said, some of the most beneficial things that salt saunas can do include the following:
- Relax and dilate your blood vessels (from the heat), which increases your blood flow and improves your circulation
- Reduce tension throughout your body and relieve soreness, aches, pains, and arthritis symptoms
- Speed up recovery, especially after strength and endurance training (it also allows deeper stretching of muscles and joints)
- Strengthen the lining of your blood vessels, which benefits your heart, brain, and other vital organs—this is known to improve your cardiovascular and circulatory function, lower your blood pressure, and decrease the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and dementia
- Increase your metabolism, which allows your organs to function at a higher level and improves the filtration of toxins from the kidneys, liver, and intestines (and that all helps with cellular regeneration)
- Boost and strengthen your immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells
- Lower your cortisol levels and promote relaxation which reduces stress and enhances overall feelings of well-being
- Reduce your cholesterol
- Promote healthier skin
The Sauna That’s Not Actually a Sauna
The salt sauna is different than a traditional sauna. There are no benches in the room (we can provide chairs if you like). We encourage you to take advantage of a full range of motion. You can move, stretch, dance, and hold yoga poses. And although the room is heated up to 45 degrees, the ventilation system brings in fresh air. That allows you to spend more time in the room, which means that you can safely elevate your core body temperature for longer.
Actually, you can spend 45 minutes to an hour in the salt sauna without feeling overwhelmed. (We do recommend only spending 30 minutes if you’re using the sauna in unison with a float.) And the Himalayan salt walls are more than mesmerizing; they offer therapeutic benefits as well. The salt walls:
- Sterilize the air due to their anti-bacterial properties, which is great for asthma and allergy sufferers
- Produce negative ions when heated, which helps improve your mood
- Relieve skin issues— touching the salt sterilizes your skin and allows minerals and trace elements to be absorbed
Getting the Most Out of Your Salt Sauna Experience
Here are a few things to keep in mind while preparing for your session:
- Make sure you’re well-hydrated
- Use a yoga mat and/or towels for comfort while in the salt room
- Wear a bathing suit or light, comfortable clothing
- Have a cool shower at the end of your session to help your body temperature come back down to its normal level
Want to learn even more? Check out some of our frequently-asked questions about the salt sauna.
Reserve Your Spot Today
Now is the time to book in and experience the uniqueness of our salt sauna. And as an added bonus, for the month of October 2017, you can book a 30-minute salt sauna session and green tea body wrap for the same day for a total of $130 (regularly $163). We think our massage therapist Bailey is as awesome as our salt sauna so it’s a deal you don’t want to miss! Call us at 250-432-9978, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or book online.
Come in and get Zen!